Time and again, Wolf Geldmacher (my friend of many years and partner from Switzerland – we co-founded InterFace Connection GmbH, the predecessor of InterFace AG) and I have wondered about the secret of successful enterprises. Last weekend, we had another opportunity to talk.
What are the requirements for and what can you do for an enterprise to develop successfully and securely? What is useful, necessary, or even sufficient to guarantee success? This is a really hard question!
On the other hand, maybe it is quite simple:
- We observe the surrounding elements of an enterprise and take any changes seriously.
- We use all our stake-holders’ knowledge, in particular that of our employees, clients and partners.
- We follow the market dynamics.
- We try to act prudently in all situations.
- We always remain true to ourselves and our enterprise!
In other words:
We consider an enterprise an organism which wants to be left to develop by itself. As managers, we have a special responsibility, and thanks to our managerial freedom, we probably even have special means for nurturing the company’s development.
A successful enterprise should be a market driven venue where all people working therein can unfold their potential.
Sounds easy, doesn’t it? And yet, it is a daily challenge!